This is a brief overview of the courses available in Business Studies.
KEY STAGE 4
GCSE Applied Business (OCR) Single Award
The Single award in Applied Business consists of 2 units of work, 1 controlled assignment and 1 external exam.
The 2 modules are:
- Business in Action – this unit has a local context and looks at how businesses are organised and their relationship with different stakeholders – externally assessed.
- Making your mark in business – this unit looks at the marketing and costing aspects of businesses – controlled assignment.
KEY STAGE 5
GCE Applied Business (OCR) Single Award
The Applied Business A level consists of 6 modules of work, 4 of which are coursework and 2 which are externally examined. The Units are:
- Unit 1 – Creating a Marketing Proposal – Students work with a local business to produce a marketing plan for a new product – Coursework
- Unit 2 – Recruitment in Action – Students work with a local business to produce an employment plan for a specific job – Coursework
- Unit 3 – Understanding the Business Environment – examining the external influences on businesses – External assessment
- Unit 4 – Promotion in Action – Students work with a local business to prepare a promotional plan for the launch of a new product – Coursework
- Unit 5 – A business plan for the entrepreneur – Students produce a plan for setting up a new business venture – Coursework
- Unit 6 – Strategic Decision Making – Students take a holistic view of business activities and make major business decisions – External Assessment